It's AUGUST people! Summer is flying by! I hope, in between your crafting endeavors, you've found time to lounge around on the beach or at the pool. That's what I'd be doing seven days a week if I could!
Alma's sweet GNOMIE is enjoying some pink lemonade (or somethin' - maybe a daquiri!) at the beach. I used colored pencils and gamsol on kraft cardstock for this first card. I really love that you can create a shaped card so easily using the digi images. The gnome and the sentiment are in the CHILLIN' WITH MY GNOMIES set and I also used one of the new EVERY DAY TAGS cutables for the little sentiment tag. Quick and easy!
A short 1-2-3 on making a shaped card using the digi files:
- Open and size the main image in your cutting machine software. Place the image towards the right of your onscreen paper. (You need to have enough room for two of the same image side by side.)
- Create a copy of this same image and flip it horizontally.
- Move the images so that the copy is to the left of the original with a small space in between. (Enough for your fold without cutting off the edge of your main image.)
- Group the two images and create an offset of them - size to your liking.
- Now ungroup your digi images and delete the one on the left. You don't want to print that one. (Although, you could print and have a double sided shaped card!)
- Print your page.
- Run the printed image through your cutting machine, making sure that you're only cutting the offset outline.
- Once complete, fold in the middle and color.
- Voila! You have a shaped card!
My second card also uses the CHILLIN' WITH MY GNOMIES set. This time I printed the little gnome much smaller so that he would fit on regular sized card front. It's the sentiment that I made jumbo sized! I blended some Distress Oxide inks over the sentiment image. (I print on a laser printer and when I rub over the printed image it does seem to take away some of the ink. It doesn't bother me but you can use a thin black marker to fill in any areas that you'd like to be a darker black.)
I grabbed a palm tree from the new WARM WISHES set to add to the beachy scene. I colored the gnome and the tree with Copics and added a bit of white gel pen to brighten up his beard and to add some details. Enamel dots and hemp twine finish it off.
Don't miss out on the last of the sale goodies...this week is THE LAST WEEK for polymer stamps, dies, embellishments, and stencils - 70% off! Happy Crafting, Gnomies!