Just to recap, the challenge was "What's on your desk?" That is, stamp one card, THEN create two cards from what is left on your desk.I know I like to cut a piece of paper here, stamp a stamp there, fiddling with this and that until I come up with something. I never realized how much "stuff" that was generated by this method until this challenge. I actually made SEVEN cards in total. Good news, is that I actually made SEVEN cards in total! ;) Best news? I made a small dent in my Holiday cards.
This one I LOVE! But it was harder to come up with than I thought. I pulled out the Simply Holiday set, and layered the sentiments up. Used white detail embossing powder to get more detail and a white gel pen for the edges. The white dots are a stamp in the Vintage Holiday set. I think they make great snow. But, the fancy damask paper was a sheet from a journaling book that I cut up because it was too big.
This was a version of one of the cards that I created that I showed yesterday using Let the Flakes Fly. And, this time I used a different Holiday Toppers for the background. I really like the way the musical notes float like snow in the background.
This one was a quickie! I cut the big ornament from a strip of paper and the other die cut just a portion of the die. So, I decided to use it! There it is at the bottom. Then I used the oval from the Framed Up CutUps and stamped the oval from the Vintage Holiday set. Just fits perfectly! Did I plan it that way when I designed the CutUps? Um. Maybe.
Here is the last card from my session. Using the same box of stamps from Simply Holiday. The pickings were getting pretty slim on my desk, but it was still enough to pull out this card. The main patterned paper is another page from that old journaling book.
NOW! Get stamping! There is only a couple of days left. Better yet, stamp a card and leave the fixings on your desk. Then, tomorrow, send your family and guests over to your desk to create a card. Don't forget to take pictures!
Here are the Deets.
The First Tuesday of the Month I will post a challenge on this blog. That’s right! Here!
If you want to play along you just upload your design right here on this page using the InLinkz button. (The challenge button will be posted on the right hand column of this blog so you don’t have to search around)If you want to display your pretties on Splitcoaststampers using keyword TCPTUESNov13. But, only entries uploaded to the Inlinkz button will be considered for Swanky Stamper
- The Challenge will be a month-long challenge and you can play as many times as you like during that month.
- Cards and projects must have at least one Cat’s Pajamas Stamp or CutUps die in the project.
- On the First Monday of the Month a winner will be chosen from the previous challenge and crowned Swanky Stamper.
- The Swanky Stamper will not only be acknowledged as the Swankiest Stamper for that month, but will also receive some of the stamps from our next release and get to play along with us at our Pajamas Party and Blog Hop. AND… They’ll even get a special spot in the Gallery highlighting the project that won them the gig AND as snazzy badge to display on their blog.
- The winner will be announced the First Monday of the month on Splitcoaststampers, Facebook page and this Blog